10 Brain Myths
1. Myth: We only use 10% of our brains.
Fact: We use 100% of our brain, just not all at once.
2. Myth: Alcohol kills brain cells.
Fact: The damage alcohol does to brain cells is typically reversible.
3. Myth: Left-brained people are organized while right-brained people are more creative.
Fact: Both sides of the brain need to communicate with each other to carry out simple cognitive tasks.
4. Myth: Listening to classical music will make babies smarter.
Fact: While Mozart made some good tunes, he didn’t have the ability to unlock the secrets of the human brain.
5. Myth: Brain damage is always permanent.
Fact: The brain can sometimes repair itself.
6. Myth: The brain is hard wired.
Fact: Our brain has the ability to respond to certain intrinsic or extrinsic stimuli by reorganizing and building its structure.
7. Myth: Brain games improve your memory and reasoning skills.
Fact: Brain games stimulate your brain but they don’t necessarily improve your memory or reasoning.
8. Myth: Your IQ stays the same through out your entire life.
Fact: Your IQ can fluctuate over your lifespan.
9. Myth: Your brain works better under pressure.
Fact: When your brain is under pressure, it releases a hormone called cortisol, which makes it more difficult for your brain to retrieve long-term memories.
10. Myth: Your memory is an exact account of what you see and experience.
Fact: Sometimes your brain can be manipulated.
To learn more brain myths, click the link below:
To watch the full video, Click below: