10 Brain Facts
- Your Brain only weighs about 3 pounds, yet it uses 20-25% of your energy supply.
- There are approximately 10 to the 60 atoms in the universe, but your brain has 10 to 1,000,000 different ways it can wire itself.
- Your brain is approximately 75% water, which is about the same as Earth’s surface.
- The slowest speed information passes around your brain is approximately 260 MPH. That’s almost as fast as the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport which holds the Guinness record for the fastest car at 269.86 MPH.
- If you lost blood flow to your brain you will last about 10 seconds before you pass out.
- There are over 100,000 miles of blood vessels in your brain, that would stretch around the Earth over 4 times.
- Your brain has no pain receptors, the headaches you feel aren’t in your brain but pain receptors in the membrane surrounding it.
- Exercise has also been proven to repair damaged brain cells and even increase brain volume.
- The reason it’s uncomfortable when people stare hard at you, is because your brain automatically perceives it as a threat.
- Your brain was disproportionately large compared to other organs when you were born, that’s why babies look a bit like aliens, sometimes.
To learn more, click the link below: